Saturday, April 09, 2011

one day too late..

one night i asked wifey, "lets call nanny." she goes "sure!"

then i let it slipped off my mind.

my nanny, well was the nanny of most of my siblings except for my younger bro.

she's been battling breast cancer for years now.. chemotheraphy was out of the question as she was on stage 4 when we found out. that's like the mother of all stages when it comes to cancer, if i'm not mistaken.

anyway, she opted for natural healing and perhaps, divine intervention.

my sister was very supportive of her and her family.

me and my bros aren't exactly the expressive kind but we do cared.. only that they lived somewhere in the province of Manila and me being here in the queen city of the south and my sis and li'l bro abroad.

so, the only way to show we cared was call her from time to time... keep in touch, so to speak.

it's not something to be shock about cos we know we're just waiting for the inevitable considering the facts i mentioned above.. but the next morning when i'm supposed to call her that night - she passed away.

i felt a huge regret.

this woman didn't want to be a burden to her family. even when she was suffering with all that nasty things that go with breast cancer, she carried on.

she didn't wanna be served or babied.

only on her last three days when she couldn't stand up anymore that her daughter prepared for her meals. even then, she ate her meals all by herself.

on the last night, she asked her daughter to go on and take a rest.. sleep and not worry about her.. she'll go eat her meals later.

then, she was gone... forever.

finally, she's now free.. free from the pain and sufferings.

she will be laid to rest tomorrow.

to my nanny, wherever you are, i love you..