Saturday, November 26, 2011

of smokes and mirrors

smokin'!

yeah, that girl in the gym earlier is smokin' hot. i can't effing focus when she's like staring at me when i do my exercises.. of course i'm being presumptuous, as usual. well, it kinda feels like. or, it must've been the other way around. i have a picture of her, by the way. wanna see?

bleh!

she just have all the nice curves and bumps in the right places... it's in her genes, i surmise. sometimes i wish i don't get to workout around the same time with her cos she's quite a distraction... but at the same time i just luuurrrvvvv having her around cos it's so nice to see a lady who takes care of her body and knows what she's doing.

so, it's a love and hate thing. if it was up to me though, i don't mind the distraction at all if it's her that's causing it.


speaking of smoking, it's been what, six or seven years since i quit smoking. i gotta thank the good Lord above for the strength He gave me.

it was never easy... nor that hard.

i've been smoking since high school, if my memory serves me right. it all started when i learn that it's an appetite suppressant. i didn't wanna go morbidly fat but having our family history and my big-boned structure, i'm meant to be that - fatso!

so on and off i go smoke a stick or a pack whenever i can... not until i suffered some serious health problems. i know my heart was weakening fast as i didn't exercise, eat all sorts of junk, alcoholic, slept late and smoked like a chimney. it's also worth mentioning that i was born with a congenital heart disease. yaiks!!

whenever i go walk on stairs, it is as if i'm gonna suffer a stroke on my journey upstairs... i could hardly breath and barely have legs to go on!

not only that, my bouts with tonsillitis had been frequent and worst each time. i need a more powerful and expensive antibiotic to combat it - and the pain, it was getting unbearable. what's more lamentable, fever was a like a last name whenever i had tonsillitis.

the last experience i had was around the third week of december (either '04 or '05) and it was when i cannot say "no" to my uncle who offered me a really nice pack of Marlboro. the kind of which is rich and imported. and even though my throat had started to feel uncomfortable that time, what, with all the parties in the month of december, i just went on and binge on s'more cigarettes.. puffing and huffing to my heart's delight.


a few days later, i had the worstest tonsillitis in the whole-wide-world.

thus, i could not smoke 'til i healed up.

then i thought, what the heck, it's New Year in the next few days, why not make it a "resolution?"

i made it for a few days... why not push the envelope s'more? i go convincing myself.

it wasn't a walk in the park at all. whenever i go out with friends, i get teased and tempted. they'd say "you know, you'd be back smokin' in no time, i'll bet my year's salary on that!"

then my boss, who was my smoke buddy since we knew each other many years back and one person i cannot say "no" to, also downplayed my resolution and said the same thing my pals told me. that i wasn't gonna last a week or a month.

then days became months.. and months became year...

and many years later, i haven't lit one cigarette.

whose to say one cannot change? that it's hard?

nuff said.

i've got a few more tales to tell up my sleeve, but i gotta watch my favorite show on Discover Channel. now, brotha!


American Chopper.

enjoy the weekend.. keep your pants up and be safe.