Saturday, April 08, 2006

You Win

so you win. hey, that was supposed to be april fool's joke but i was really late posting it. boooooo!!!

it's tough, you know. if there was anyone who would really bet, i probably would have given it a go. but... there wasn't (excuses).

i tried to stay away and would have succeeded had i lived in the mountains or in a cage with nothing but the bare essentials... but, i live in a place where temptation is everywhere. in the office, i use pc to get my job done. over at the field, its there (like dogsh!t - they're all over the place). i go home and have some solemn moments with myself trying to be sane without it... over there in my private room, there..... my pc's right infront of me! i am sorrounded by machines dude... i can't get away from it! aaaahhhhhhh!!!!!

so, excuse me for failing but i did say no promises, didn't i? oh well, i did learn something out of this fruitless exercise. that i'm not that super engrossed with it (like other people who bring their laptops at bars or something... no offense john and to all wi-fi hotties out there). yeah i failed but at least, i made it four days! hahahaha!!!

here's two logical explanation why i failed: one, i read in sunstar today a column about surfing. now, this is supposed to be the sport section of the news. i thought the guy's talking about a surfing place in cebu i haven't heard of, but apparently, he was talking about his "surfing spots" and boy, did he mention a lot of my favorite sites! you know what i mean, the guy really tempted me!

then there was also a column in another daily, the freeman, where my favorite commentator talk about his experiences during the time when being proficient with wordstar is the coolest thing and carrying that 5 and ¼ floppy disk to a computer shop inorder to print his article was the norm. now, he's got his hands full with all the free internet access he's getting and can't stop wanting to learn more and talking about it. in addition to that, he's been invited as guest speaker at a graduation rites of a computer school! and yes my friend, that's the second reason why i failed. it's so hard to unlearn the good things i got from being a cyberpunk, dawg!

third, today is saturday. what am i supposed to do on saturdays? liquidate my advances then what? i know i said there were two logical explanation but what the heck, i got one more to satisfy your quest for answers.

so, there you have it.

now, call me whatever you want but i'm really weak when it comes to temptation. that's the reason why one of my many prayers to the good Lord is - keep me away from temptation.

still and all, i'm trying to find out what led me to call it quits. maybe it was just a bad day. i was pretty coherent when i made that decision.... didn't have alcohol flowing thru my veins nor was i having a bad hang-over (as if there was "good hang-over"). i definitely wasn't day-dreaming (being away from technology and being closer to nature) and i don't remember having a bad sex (coz i didn't have one ü).

well, no use crying over spoiled milk. i'm here now and i'm not doing forty days of fasting. i'm just human and i certainly can't surpass Jesus' sacrifice.

it was just a simple case of burnout.

please don't sue me....

No comments: