Tuesday, May 09, 2006

WORKout


working out for me has always been good for as long as i'm inspired. you see, being married and stuff makes one really comfortable. there is a tendency to rest on one's laurel. why go through all that tiring routine and perspire in the gym when you can just go straight home, play with the kid(s), put your feet up, watch the coolest tv series or the most recent pirated dvd you bought from colon, have a freakin' cold beer on the left while the remote on the other hand? why tire yourself some more after work, why?

the answer my friend is... yikes! i don't have the answer!

during college days, i used to bike, jog, swim and do some weight training at home. after i got a real job, got hitch and met new friends, things started to go out of hand. the drinking and eating binge became a routine. i practically lost it... tried to get back at my usual "college grind" but i could not... six months ago, "something" got me to really get healthy again... or else....

but there's nothing wrong about getting and feeling healthy, right? i couldn't care less about having brad pitt's body. all i really wanted is to be strong and whatever follows for all the effort i did in the gym is a welcome consolation. and i know for a fact, there is. i'm gradually gaining strength, i don't easily get tired, i have better outlook in life coz i feel i can live longer with the lifestyle, and of course, better sex(?) hehehehe! all in all, my confidence is building up. after 6 months, the guys at the gym notices the changes in me and i'm slowly earning their respect. that, i can tell.

for so many times that i've tried working out years ago, this is, by far, the first time i lasted this long. i'm usually good for 2, 3 months. albeit uninspired to look good for anybody (sorry dear), and yet here i am going for gold... shooting for the stars! everyday, i look forward going to the gym and honestly, i'm surprise by myself, mate.

essentially, i need to cut down my excess boozing and foodtrip to get better results. good Lord, that's pretty hard!

you may laugh at this but one thing that encourage me to get myself back into the groove... is my pair of gloves. no kidding! i use to wear 'em when my dirt bike was still around (boy, i miss that bike!). it's just so nice to lift weights with it on my hands. i could use some running shoes though and maybe cross training... hey, can you feel the vibe?!

well, one thing's for sure. for you to make it happen, you have to start somewhere. however, that's the easy part. sustaining the momentum is where you hit a few snags/bumps. notwithstanding, i fervently hope i can sustain this and really make it a habit.

meanwhile, my muscle's aching and i, must rest now.

Zzzzzzzzz.....

No comments: