Sunday, July 30, 2006

my suzuki live up to its model - SMASH!

yes bud, after a year of smooth driving with whatever two-wheeled vehicle is being put in front of me, i finally crashed and burned my left elbows once again... with feelings (as in PAINful) this time.

it was an ordinary night, nothing special. right after i wrote the post below, went ahead to our "tambayan" (if you've been my fan, you know where that is. however, if you're not, you know the drill). although i had high hopes that whatever happened (read my previous post in case you are in limbo) may just be patched up sooner than later, i'm also not too optimistic, considering the circumstances sorrounding the incident. but, i just gotta have some hope. i like these guys anyway, so if there's anything i could chip-in to help them kiss and make-up, i'd gladly do. well, the offended parties were a "no-show." it's pretty unlikely for them to just show up after a night they thought of killing each other.

so, i went ahead to enjoy the night. as usual, the goal is to keep it slow and steady with the booze and bail out before 12mn. then a "friend," from out of nowhere and out of the blue, suggested we hit some "other bar" where sexy and skimpy girls hangout. "shit, i don't wanna do this but heck, let's go!" to make the long story short, (aaahhhhh! i can't say it here unless i wanna get busted by wifey) it was a "productive" (oh, it's not what you think... really! pramiz!) night for me. damn, thought i've lost my mojo a long time ago since i fell for somebody like crazy... still have some under my sleeve, ey!

to say it was a fun trip would be an understatement. it was great! had too much adrenaline that night, practically forgotten how many glasses, bottles and pitchers of booze got into my bloodstream.

perhaps, the combination of adrenaline and alcohol combustion would explain why on my way home, i just quit taking glances at my speedometer and didn't notice how fast i was riding. worst, i didn't bother to hit the breaks when i made that fateful turn... SMASH!!!

ouch! geeez man, that HURT like hell!

stand up in haze, check myself out quickly for broken bones, skull (God forbid), dislocated joints, etc. except for an obvious pain in my right knee (due to the impact on the gutter/pavement of the road) and, a nasty scratch, cuts and a bruise on my right elbow, everything checkout fine. my suzuki smash, still intact except for a broken side mirror.

went home with minor bleedings (forget hospital and doctors... hate being around them) and was greeted with glee by nagging wifey. i've lost a good amount of confidence driving a motorcycle after that incident but left me no doubt in my mind, i'll be driving mc's 'til my last breath....

well, shit happens to nice guys, you know...

lesson learned: STOP screwing around or else....

No comments: