Wednesday, October 31, 2007

wear and tear

it's hard to accept it but i think i'm on the verge and realclose of injuring myself. i can feel my right wrist feeling funny (in a scary way) that even when i'm doin ordinary things, it knacks weirdly. earlier, i felt a pang of pain on my right shoulder while doin bench presses... and get this, it wasn't even close to my maximum load yet... so, yeah, i'm kindda there right now... y'know... getting fucked!

i always thought i wouldn't. some people kept telling or i heard them talking about doin some light workout on some other days... i wouldn't have any of their advice... i felt really invincible especially when i was able to lift all the dumbbells that were placed in the heavy rack... sorta place where only the "big boys" hang around... best of all, i can go toe-to-toe with the "old-timers" or the "bodybuilders" in my gym... "if they could lift it, i could too!" was very much my mentality the whole time.. i would grind for hours... when i'm there, it's all business..

so today... err, i mean tonight, i seriously thought about backing off a bit to heal up.. my doc-wannabe friend asked his ortho/resident doc/instructor on how to deal with those things cos he too suffered the same fate as i am. the doc said calmly to him... "take two weeks off."

i don't know but i guess it's the best option for me also... five to six days a week of romancing the iron bars... have to stop the madness right now... i should have a better plan when i go back so i don't injure myself again... but that will have to wait til the middle of November... which is my payment due...

a MEMO to myself:

SLOW DOWN or burn baby... burn!

***

this one was on Oct. 28.....







No comments: