Monday, August 11, 2008

just chillin'

so i went to my former gym(yet again) today.. got some orders to deliver.. i've been selling some supplements there and it's only lately that things are starting to pick up.. heeee! just when i'm about to leave them.. the instructor slash gym manager slash coach slash my favorite spotter - had been my biggest client so far.. practically bought most of my stuff.. from BCAA's to amino, fish oil, calcium/magnesium, etc... sold some of my stuff in other gyms too!

he buys from me cheap and then sells 'em to the members.. i don't have to sell my stuffs to the members.. he profits a little here and there.. in short, everybody's happy.

sales was brisk, by the way..



Benito, the assistant coach told me my due is up.. i said, "i'm taking a month rest, dude.."

"really? why?"

"got some shoulder pain to deal with... need to heal up." i said.

he wouldn't believe me.. most of the guys there won't. me, taking a break is next to impossible for them.. they saw me work my ass there and grind like hell.. whilst everyone who had been earlier can't break a sweat, i'm already perspiring profusely with just a few minutes of warm-ups and lifting..

one bummer happened though... a guy who had a history of shoulder injury, re-injured his right shoulder again.. damn, he was the flavor of the hour.. they have to hurriedly ice his shoulder cos he can't move it.

his instruction to Benito was to rid of all shoulder exercises.. hhmmmm.. how do you do that? every move you make requires some shoulder movement.. even if you're squatting or doing leg work you still need to move your shoulders when you're putting weights on the bar or machine..

anyhoo, he did lat pulldowns and that's when he got stuck in the middle.. even with the most minimal weight, he still injured his shoulder.. tough luck, i guess.



saw him wincing in pain as they frantically put some ice on his shoulder.. that was the first time i witness somebody getting hurt like that.. shet, just when i'm about to leave you guys, you startin' to act up like that?

i'm fortunate enough (or some angel's watching me) to not suffer the same fate as that poor guy considering how hard and heavy i do my thing there..

hopefully not in the near future wherein i'm about to tackle even more bigger challenges... may the good Lord take care of me...

7 days more to go before i unleash everything out.. again!