Thursday, March 16, 2006

My Pads

another day, another story to tell. my muscles are aching. thanks to that "wall to wall" workout i had yesterday. i love the pain. it simply means, i push myself really hard. i needed that anyway.

last night, while i was listening to mp3's on my pc, i remember downloading some "oldies" music. played it. man, i remember my dad. now, i really miss my dad. my recollection of him when he was still around just came alive again. he would sit on his favorite chair and listen to those musics i played last night. all of a sudden, my eyes were in tears... i did not cry when my bro-in-law died recently nor was even closed to tears but with that old music, it was like yesterday again... during my elementary days... he would listen to his favorite music with our phono turntable player, downstairs in our sala, sit on a nice chair with his favorite beer on the table. i remembered the days me and my bro tag along wherever he goes... at the customs, pier, cockfight arena, his friends' house.... fetch us after school. too old to be crying like a baby but.... can't stop it. i recall asking God why He took my dad so early. what could have happened to us if he were alive today...

sigh. i'll never know the answer. but one thing i do know, me and my siblings learn a lot from that experience. that there are two sides to everything. that every cloud has a silver lining, that hardships do make you strong and better person. my sister became a strong-willed woman and her faith in God is quite contagious. i drew a lot of strength from her. my younger bro, we're proud of what he's accomplished. most of the things he endeavored in life, for as long as he puts his mind into it, he succeeded. as for me, i can't tell. i can't measure my success but considering what i've went through (you have no idea), i'm just happy and thankful where i am now.

it would have been great if our lives would be like those fantasy books we read during grade school... live happily ever after.... but we live in a real world and in this life, nothing's perfect.

well, that's my little epiphany.

No comments: