Tuesday, November 20, 2007

the punch lines...

ey sports fans! wassup?!?

good to be back and kicking... i'll have to slowly crawl myself back into the "hood..." expect some twist and turns along the way and, uhm, yeah, the drama... we all love a little dose of that.. like some kindda telenovela... it's no wonder our lives end up that way.. but before anything, i'll have to say the "punchlines" that i've grown accustomed to since time immemorial... and their, well, supposed meanings...


"what the fuck?" - self explanatory.

"paksit" - this is a how we greet each other during the days when we "morning the night."

"paker" - we sooo love rex navarette's joke about "SBC Packers" that my bud started calling us that, paker. but really, it means "fucker." whatever.

"cio," "sho," "shomaker" - i called my niece with that name over the phone and my friend, boyet, started calling me with it too. soon, everyone in the office followed. "shomaker" was a spin-off of the the whole "cio" thing but that's because me and my office best bud, boyet, who by the way lives in NJ these days, loves formula 1 racing.. til now.

"idol" - i started this one in the gym. i call my "spot buddy," idol - all because he's such a hardworking fellow that he literally had a physical makeover.. from fat to whoa! and as usual, as luck would have it, he'd call me "idol" too. other people in the gym heard it and ever since, "idol" had become a byword in there. unfortunately, my friend, (arsua was his last name) quit working out but the "idol" monicker lived on... especially for those who work out hard...

"cracker" - my former officemate, jagger, was such an anxious guy that every sales he made, he'd frantically prepare all the documentations... he would crack at the slightest missteps and when customers start bugging him about documentation, you guess it, he cracks! i'd mess with him even more by mimicking the voice of our GM and calls his name by surprise... and boy, the look on his face? priceless! unfortunately, he left as he was given the pink slip few weeks ago. he now works with our competitor.

"shut up!" - yeah, we'd love to drop this when we're too drunk and in our slurring moments, we so wanted to make a point, but the other guy kept talking... we'd say, "shut up!" but we're all good sport. we never take anything personally.. at least, not yet.

"i just wanna go home" - this isn't really the coolest thing to say when things are starting to "warm up," but i'd usually say this (or my bud, louie) when i had one too many. it's especially and frequently blurted out when cellphones start ringing or some sms comes in a matter of seconds... and it's the wifey! ahhhh!!! have a little empathy, will you? lemme go already!

"i love you!!" - hhhmmmm... say this to any of your friends and you'd be surprise at the look of their face.. i do it frequently -- to anyone.. some actually would say, "you're saying "i love you's" like it's soooo ordinary..." and i say, "why not?" when people do me some favor and get something done for me, i'd say "i love you!!" to them as my way of saying thank you.. once, when my bodybuilder friend taught me a lot of lesson on how to do things properly and i very much appreciated what he did, when he bid goodbye to everyone, i told him, "bye rey, i love you!!!" very loudly. hahaha!!! one japanese guy who heard and whose always serious with his training couldn't help but laugh! rey's reaction was like, "WTF?" but he smiled and went ahead.. but hey, everyone had a good laugh... and as usual and as predictable life can be, more are starting to say that... nice, eh?

more about this "lines" later... trying to remember some of 'em...

now, if you've read this and you caught me flat footed, pants down, drunk, wasted, naked, horny, crazy, and everything, try to understand that that's just the way i am... ok, that's not really me in there but the "poison" working on me... so, could it be that i'm in between sober and drunk state? like the movie "me, myself and irene?" damn, go figure.

and please, skip the picture taking part... i'm too old and ugly for that shit... i'm no britney or paris to get that paparazzi-like images... no magazine or newspaper would want any of that... i guarantee you..

capish?


***

just watched american gangster... loved it! denzel and crowe was exceptionally good.. had to repeat it..

****

still haven't got my shot for anti-tetanus. i step on some friggin' and rusting nail while i was out trying to feed my new dog, maui. it was dark (blackout, mostly in the city) as the typhoon lando just passed us by... but i had to feed her no matter what.. now, i'm gonna die because of my dogs.. great!

******

nuff BS... over and out.

No comments: