Friday, December 07, 2007

push day

what a day!

i almost had a broken/twisted shoulder today thanks to that senior/workout-veteran-of -eleven-years mister who tried to help me lift the 80lbs. dumbbell. in fairness to him, he had all the good intentions, but what he did didn't just surprise me and my gym mates, it was the first in all aspects..

picture this, i was doing incline dumbbell press (picture below)..



when after four reps (repetition) i struggled to push them up, this senior guy suddenly jump into my lap to sorta spot me! WTF? in my entire weight lifting experience, i had never witness that kind of spot/help, and never had i drop dumbbells when i'm having difficulty.. i simply put them back on my lower thighs if i can't hoist it up further.. not until today.. i was shock and it practically distracted me.. i could not concentrate and my left hand started to lean back... 80lbs. is just too heavy to hold on to, so before i break my shoulders, i quickly let go of both..

boy, it was shocking. thank God i didn't hold on to them much longer in fear banging them unto the floor.. i'm optimistic my shoulders are fine.. it didn't hurt earlier so i hope there'd be no late reaction tomorrow or the next day..

and yeah, it's weird to see both men in that position... so gay, man! eeewwww!

well, i completed my routine today, so, i'm happy and completely satisfied..


****

meanwhile, Christmas is fast approaching. hopefully, we'd have enough moolah to throw some party and give a few gifts to our indigenous neighbors.. we've been able to do that twice in a row already and people in our area expect a little something like fun and giveaways from us these days.. i'll just have to remember that old saying, "the more you give, the more you receive..." we're pretty tight on budget these days( who doesn't?)... could really, really use the motivation..

i think we've been blessed by God... well, since time immemorial.. whatever we can share, we'd gladly do.. random acts of kindness my friend.. it never hurt..

tired and out.

No comments: