Tuesday, January 29, 2008

curve ball

yesterday's back and leg exercises was a bum.

sigh.

i had to blame the damn fat burner i recently been popping... i wanted to supercharge my metabolism, that's why. anyway, i knew from the start it contained a good amount of caffeine extract on it but i thought i could handle the occasional jitters and palpitations.. i'm pretty fit you know..

wrong.

just two tabs (took them hours apart) and it caused me a lot of those mentioned above. worst, i had one helluva sleepless night, later.. so the day after, i was a walking zombie..

now excuse me for bragging, but rain or shine, hot or cold, good or bad mood, feeling well or unwell, it's almost always all-or-nothing when it's time for gym work.

tried to get through the day feeling light-headed.. maybe if somebody bumps me off my tracks i'd fall off my feet in a snap.. but i was hoping that whatever "bad" i was feeling, it wouldn't be the same at the gym, afterwards.

wrong again.

went in feeling a tad off.. but i tried... my mindset, even though my body wasn't jiving in, was still in all-or-nothing mode. i finish all my back routine, but my leg workout had to take a little back seat... i still managed to salvaged the important legs exercise, the squat.



my mind was pretty ON but my body was a little late in terms of reaction... just so un-me.

later in the evening, i slept like a log..

anyway, i've been banging it hard and heavy in the gym for eons now.. i have to consider yesterday's session as my "de-loading day."

***

i just realized how important it is having some sorta cardio sessions once in a while.. take it from me.. i've been a gym rat for almost a year (on and off prior to that) now, but my oxygen at the pool last Sunday was just lousy.. of course, equating swimming and bodybuilding is like comparing apples and oranges.. no sir, that cannot be!

it's a good thing i enjoy doing both.. now, i can have my cake/s and eat them too!

want some?



yep, that's a cake, bozo!

No comments: