Monday, January 14, 2008

finally did the front squat yesterday. it wasn't tough but neither easy. i had the idea of hitting 'em, the front quads, when i hooked up with my bodybuilding friend, rex. he's due to compete months from now.. we talk about a lot of things.. this dude is pretty much into that "clean living" thingy as he's too focus on building his physique and his dogs... he breeds 'em and he in fact, was the source of my dobey, ramboo.

so, we discuss about a lot of things.. well, mostly, bodybuilding and dogs. whenever we'd meet, he'd oftentimes invite me over his house where his gym is also situated.. i actually had the 'honor' of sweating it out there.. that was when i had no prior knowledge whatsoever how to go around the iron thing.. his place is much better now. the cons: too far to where i usually travel and there's just few people who'd be willing to go to the distance with me.. meaning, serious gym rats: one in a million.

anyway, rex won some contest, lost in a few, placed second or third... he's got some decent stage appearances under his belt, thus, anything he'd suggest, i'd be willing to try just for kicks..

for the nth time that he had invited me over, i just might pop in his place again one of these days..

so yesterday, i tried warming up my legs using the front squat exercise... good, i can do it.. no problem. i can only muster about 120lbs of it but for the main sets, i got to 220lbs. well, the reason i'm plateaued at that weight is because i'm doing it after hitting my chest, shoulders and triceps.. in other words, i only have a few more oxygens and testosterones by the time i'm about to do my leg work.. leftover energy, honey..

things are going good with my gym sessions.. i'd still get that "marvel look" from people i barely know and some gym mates who had been away for a while.. i think i deserved the compliments but that won't make me go complacent.. in fact, i'm devising new techniques to improve my sessions in the gym..

on the downside, my son, Neil, is growing every inch a bratty kid.. though psychologist says we shouldn't whop our child, i'd occasionally do that to remind him he's not getting away with all the foolishness or the naughty things he does.. and even though it hurts me to do that, i gotta. i've pretty much dealt with him the best i know i could but he just sometimes take the wrong turn, and my patience, as with all other people in the world, they do ran out.. so, it's the last resort and when i'm really, really running out of options to deal with him.. so sorry kiddo.

one thing that made him act like that is because he's surrounded with a lot of people who, forgive the word, "strokes his dick." you know, spoon feed, baby sit, bathes and dresses him up.. as he is the only grand child and the 'heir apparent' of this small clan.. his head is starting to swell i need to remind him sometimes, just to get his feet back on the ground, that i don't give a rats if he is my only son.. heck, i could "sperminate" other women if your mother can't bore me another spawn, bhoy!

kidding aside, i really hope he'd heed my advice and focus.. he needs all that at this age as no one among the family, except my sis and my bro, modesty aside and pun intended, are sensible and reasonable enough to give him proper advice/guidance..

need to get my power nap pronto... chiao!

No comments: