Wednesday, February 06, 2008

Zest up!

it was tough yesterday. i almost had an accident in the squat rack. good thing Rey was there to help me out and i pulled it through... thank goodness..

274 lbs. baby!

yep, i squatted 274 lbs. but i was spotted (helped) by Rey. i got to 250 lbs. on my own but since i wanted to max out swingin' i added 24 more pounds.

... and that's when things got a little crazy. i was trying to slowly elevate myself down but Rey tried to control the tempo.. he was moving a little too fast and i was caught off guard.. i practically released holding on to the bars as i was trying to balance myself at the bottom position.. man, that was scary!




well we came out in one peace so i'm happy to be alive.

after all that, it was like some blood-sucking vampire zapped all my energy i had to forego doing ab works..


my deadlifts are a bit mediocre.. but i'm working on it.. it's actually a win-loss situation.. you get stronger in one exercise but you lag on the others.. but it's better than nothing, i guess.

well, today i hit my back.. nothing spectacular happened.. this week, my workout had been average so far... sigh.

i guess it's mainly because i'm trying to work around the pain of my right wrist and i don't wanna aggravate its delicate condition..

anyway, i'm keeping my spirit up by reading some tough talk from the bodybuilding gurus... i could use the spankin' y'know..

on to more readings....

No comments: