Friday, March 28, 2008

Bruce Almighty

wow!!

this week was hell..

glad it was over.. after sweating it out under the sun, got a few things at work done.. happy me!

a few weights had been lifted off my shoulders.. i hope it'll be smoother next week.. ok, lemme try again... that i'll be even more brawny over whatever comes my way.. so help me God.

***

it's summer and so many invitations comin' my way... beach everywhere, huh?

nice.. nice..

last Sunday we did went to the beach "cos it's Easter Sunday and we really need to be at some beach" during that day.. well, i knew we were looking for trouble cos that's what millions of people think too... take a dip!

and so it was one helluva pain to look for a "decent" place to "sink and swim."

parking was heavy and some resort actually had to turn down many beach-goers cos they could not accommodate more people in..

we found one a few kilometers away from our usual beach destination.. kinda weird cos this beach isn't full yet.. i think most people don't know it's a resort as it had a peculiar setting... just.

anyway, lucky us... but we just settled for the "table and chairs" package as these SOB businessmen charges ridiculous rental fees during the season... dontcha just wanna bury those pricks, eh?

i'm a little picky when it comes to beaches... if it ain't deep enough or near-immaculate, i'd rather "people-watch" or just hang around drinking cheap brandy.. sooo much better, mate!

but what i really like is to island hop... the beaches on the other side are much clearer and if you opt to stop a few meters away from the shore, ocean deep, honey!

we didn't have that yet but i think before this summer's over, we'll most likely have done it.

***

i have standing invites from Sales to go out tonight in some "night swimming and drinking galore" but i'd most likely not butt in.. another invite from a good friend and one of our manager, Eugene, that we'd hit the beach tomorrow... of course, there'd be a lot of drinking rampage and excessive indulgence of food... knowing him, he just loves to eat you can tell just by looking at his humungous frame.. loony me, i'm unperturbed.

oh shit, i just elevated my "anti-social" status to a few notch higher.. whatever.

i guess this is it. my social life, as i had projected it, will continue to slip little by little until nobody gives a damn about inviting me.. oh, i didn't made it to my friend's wedding last month too.. great!!

talk about nosedive... pity.

sorry.. sorry.. sorry.. my sincere apologies to you all..

keep your parties up while i sulk in the gym... i want it, i like it, i meant it this way...

i'd like to hang around people who will accelerate my progress, not stand in my way. partying up (and the likes) will definitely hamper whatever growth i accrued..

hhhhmmmm... next thoughts please!

***

now for the gym story, i think i won a few fans yesterday when i started doing my thing.. hehe

particularly this Japanese guy who trains with his Filipina wife and some relatives.. he got the surprise of his life when i started benching 200lbs. and then right after, without taking a rest i hoisted the heaviest dumbbells up for my incline press routine... not only that, i went on to deadlift over 200lbs. and top it all doin' dumbbell rows! all this i did in almost zero to nil rest... how ya like that, huh?

he was pretty impressed he had to clap and cheer me up for my reps.. personally, i've been to many gyms before, but modesty aside, i have yet to see one who works out as hard as me... and, the results are coming in, baby!

i'm looking boxy these days...


Good Time = Just Messing Around


and then last night, i paid a visit to my barber.. the best part of our session usually happen towards the end as he usually gives me a nice "quickie" massage to my back and arms... whenever he does that he'd usually ask me if i'm still "working out."

to sorta give him a "good time," i'd usually say nope i've been off of it and all i've been doing is now "drink, dine and be merry..."

"you're kidding, right?" he asked after going through my arms.. i'm close to burst in laughter here but i had to hold it off... and when he pressed into my traps, i can almost hear him say, "you messin' with me, boy?"

anyway, he went on and even had the gall to ask me if i could flex my biceps.. i bet what's playing on his mind at that moment was what i'm saying couldn't be further from the truth.. and i sheepishly went on and gave him a fake squeeze.. damn, the prick ain't buyin' it.. haha!

note: after frying my biceps last Wednesday, it had grown wickedly big as of this writing.

so our session went on and he told me he had a size 16' biceps and i kept on patronizing him (for "good time" sake) that yeah, he's got some big bi's, eh! "mine is probably smaller than yours, Bruce..." i aversely told him. and he said, "your forearms are probably bigger than mine.."

Bruce.. Bruce.. you pansy! you have no friggin' idea what i do for pastime, bhoy!

here's a sneak peek, picture this: you'll be gasping for air, in pain, sweating like hell and it surely ain't fun most of the time...

but i do it anyway.

next time i get a haircut everything will be bigger and harder Bruce... and i'm still gonna give you s'more good time... heee heee heee

hope you're ready, homes!



but i dig thee great Bruce...




and my barber, Bruce...

they're both entertaining.