Thursday, October 02, 2008

eicosanoids

hhhmmmmm.. amazing.

it's only yesterday i realize that thing they call inflammation... y'know, inflamed muscles... ring a bell??



anyhoo, since it was a holiday yesterday, i trained like a mad man.. going wall-to-wall almost non-stop and whop my shoulders, biceps, triceps and abs to extinction... for hours, momma!

now, i had a brilliant idea before i went to wreck havoc in the gym.. that afterwards i'd hit the log instead of malling.. this is supposed to speed up recovery and growth... Neil wasn't with me, so, i don't see a point strolling around by my lonesome..

after i got home, went to devour a few boiled eggs.. then, as planned, went snoozin'..

boy, it's hard to sleep when you're over-fatigued, tell ya that! i just kept turning and turning.. luckily, i was able to nap in between...

after waking up, that was then i felt my shoulders being warm... it's kinda unusual.. i'm guessing it's the lactic acid build-up on the area that's makin' it warm.. since i bang it pretty good, it took a lot of time for the acid to flush-out of my system.. first time in my lifting years that i have to ice 'em to sorta cool 'em down... then, i have to shower to make sure i "extinguish the fire."

thus, today i'll rest... no lifting, no cardio... no nothing.

and i feel good!


***


meanwhile, earlier today, i went to visit my old gym... i was just outside walking in, and i was just smiling cheerfully... y'know, it's nice to see the 'boys in the hood' all over again... oh, the place had just been re-painted.. i'm ready to cry, mate!

a few re-arranging of stuffs here and there.. still looks the same... just pretty darn organized now that i'm gone!

man, i'm touched when they told me to "get your arse back in the gym already... c'mon, idol!"

Gaga, the chief instructor told me i'd regret it for quitting... Benito, the assistant was sayin' he'd find me another locker cos mine had already been taken.. Rey was skeptic... he said i could be pretending to be "off" the gym but actually lifting in another gym... but later said i'd be sorry for taking the time off...

told them i'd be back next year... geeezzz, sorry for lying guys.. i gotta keep this "moves" of mine low... as in, in all modesty...

anyway, i missed 'em all... big time!

but no regrets.

things are goin' great for me now... my numbers are UP if you catch my drift.. gotta keep moving forward... but i'll keep in touch with my former mates... that's a promise!