Saturday, June 14, 2008

matter of factly

remember a portion of THIS POST when i said something like hurtin' your shoulder even while asleep?

well, it turned out there is such a thing.. i experienced it first hand many months ago and i tell ya it happened to me and it can happen to anyone... dude, it's friggin painful!!

without further ado, here's what other peeps in the forum have to say:

"So I woke up this morning and I feel like someone's been hitting my shoulder with a hammer all night. It's really focused near the top of the delt, but sinks in deeper too.

Moving it doesn't make it hurt any more or any less, so I'm assuming it's not a rotator issue. Moving it in circles, lifting it straight ahead of me, or just sitting here it hurts all the same. Any ideas on what it could be? It's really irritating."

"In the last three months I've managed to sprain my ankle and tear a tendon/ligament in my sleep. A shoulder injury seems possible to me."

"If you sleep with your arms under your pillow/under your weight, that can screw with your shoulder.

You should never sleep with your arms above your shoulders.. a good general rule, otherwise too much stress can be placed on the rotator cuffs."

"I suppose you could get injured, I think it would be more of an issue of sleeping in a bad position, and maybe getting that area to cold at night. You end up with a really stiff muscle/joint/tendon whatever.

I dont see how people can tear muscles or ligaments in their sleep..."

"I woke up once with a seriously nasty knot under my left scapula. It took three days of rest and a chiropractor visit to get that arm moving properly again."

"Happens to me all the time. As kayveeay said, sleeping with your arms above your shoulder will do this. Even though I know this and try to fall asleep in a good position, I always wake up with my arms above my shoulders/under my pillow. I don't know what to do, honestly... My shoulder probs are hindering my bench."


anyway, thanks to Dave Tate's website i was able to dig some useful information about the proper way to execute a bench press.. you guys out there ROCK!

time to learn and unlearn.. yet again.