Thursday, May 15, 2008

you've got balls?

i'm in pain... damn, i had a minor accident in the gym earlier!

actually, i hate doing chest workout. it is during the pressing on the bench that the pain multiplies a million times.. i was also in a hurry to get to my top set.. puny 210 lbs... what can i do? i tried to save time by minimizing my warm ups, so, instead of a 40lb increments, i went for 70... not that i can't do it but deep inside i knew i had something "coming..."

so it came down hard and fast.. what do you know, it's my right hand that got tangled with the bench's bar peg.. my fault.. my fault.. but it would've been avoided had i had a stronger spotter (help)... the kid who spotted me.. dang, he's just a kid.. a teener at best.. not only my ego got bruised but my knuckles too.. a minor concussion here and there.. superficial, i hope.

bad idea.. bad idea..

hhhaaaaaa!!! can't wait for my week-long vacation... you recall me hoping that i'd be injury-free last post/s i had, right? cos i might not make it to the day i was hoping to R&R.. instead it'll be an early vacation.. God forbid!

tomorrow? i'll probably taper down.. but wait! where's the challenge in that?

it's a scary thought but i'm actually gonna work my legs and lower back again... and i'll try to make it to 300lbs... i hope i can report back here tomorrow.. exaggerating? maybe but tell you what, i haven't in my whole life squatted a 300lb weight.. it's not something i'm excited to do or look forward to, but i'm gonna whip myself to overcome it.. it's a nagging itch that i gotta scratch off my back..

whatever.